1. Using diagnostic equipment and a systemic approach, ensure vehicles faults are diagnosed and rectified.
2. Check level and quality of work through use of diagnostic equipment and road testing vehicles after work has been carried out, liaise with Service Advisor to advise on additional work and timescales for completion.
3. Work with other workshop and Service Advisors colleagues to provide excellent customer service, share best practice.
4. Overhaul, repair and re-assemble complex mechanical components as required, ensuring that work is completed to the highest possible standard and within agreed timescales.
5. Identify and correct any wheel alignment problems.
6. Identify any work required that is covered by the warranty process, ensure all documentation is complete, coordinate with warranty department.
7. Complete relevant service documentation (Job sheets, PDI’s, Service Report) in line with warranty and dealer requirements.
8. Maintain workshop housekeeping standards at all times including the use of special and personal tools.
9. Ensure that all work is carried out observing safe working practices of self and others.
10. Attend regular staff meetings, using them as a basis for the communication of any ideas for improvement in processes or cost savings.
11. Practice personal continuous improvement by attending any relevant courses, assimilate information provided on new product lines and develop an understanding of the latest technology, and how to diagnose and repair faults.
12. Arrange an annual appraisal with your line manager in accordance with the company’s appraisal process.